LaTouche Pediatrics Recognized as a Patient Centered Medical Home
LaTouche Pediatrics is proud to announce that we have been awarded the highest level of recognition as a Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) This means that we went through a review process with the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) to ensure that we are providing the highest level of quality care to all of our Patients. For more information regarding this recognition
Here is what it means to be recognized as a patient centered medical home.
- What does being a recognized Patient Centered Medical Home PCMH mean for you? It means that we have been through a rigorous process to ensure that we provide the best care possible for our patients. It means that we are committed to working with you, the patient and the family, to make sure that all needs are met. It means that we are here to partner with you to provide your child with the best all-around care that we can.
- How can you help to ensure that we provide the best care for your child? In order to provide the best care, we need to be kept informed about your child’s medical needs and health status. Please make sure to provide us with accurate family medical history information. Also, if your child was seen anywhere other than our clinic (urgent care, ER, hospitalization, or specialist) be sure that you ask them to send us a report so that we can be kept informed. Without all this key information, we may miss something!
- What services are provided to exemplify the Patient Centered Medical Home model of care?
- Same-Day Appointment Availability – We reserve time in all of our provider’s schedules for same-day appointments for those unexpected illnesses.
- After Hours Medical Advice – This service we have provided for quite some time and there is no change to this. 24/7 clinical advice is available for all of our active patients when you have questions regarding home treatments or if you need to seek care.
- Patient Portal Access – This service provides you with access to your child’s medical record electronically. You can view past appointments, print off immunization records, request medication refills, request appointments, and send your provider a secure message from any tablet, computer, or smartphone.
- Care Coordination – We strive to provide great patient care. You and your physician are the center of the care team. Beyond that, we have other medical staff in the office who work closely to coordinate your care. They follow up on lab, imaging studies, referrals, and hospital care just to name a few. We also work closely with many specialists including behavioral health physicians and counselors.
- Evidence-Based Care – All of our providers base their recommended treatments on the most current scientific research. Evidence-based medicine is the conscientious and reasonable use of modern evidence in making decisions about the care of individual patients.
We look forward to providing you and your family with the best pediatric care we can. If you have any questions regarding our patient-first care model, please feel free to call our office and speak to one of our managers. LaTouche Pediatrics, we are always here when you need us.